A twice born City. Experience the glory of ancient Corinth
Would you like to learn the story of a twice born city and the return of antiquities to their birthplace? Explore the glory of Ancient Corinth, learn about Sisyphos & Bellerophon, visit significant landmarks and admire breathtaking views!
Explore the glory of Ancient Corinth
The Corinth Canal (Isthmus) connects the Saronic to the Corinthian gulf. The idea for the canal, was conceived by Periander however the canal was finally opened after Greece’s independence. On the western side of the canal you can see the Ancient Passage Way, “Diolkos”. The Diolkos stone road, a marvel of engineering from the time of Ancient Greece, allowed ships to travel overland from the Ionian Sea to the Aegean, bypassing the Peloponnesian Peninsula.
Acrocorinth was Corinth’s fortress throughout its history. At the peak of a 575 m high hill, has always been the fortified Acropolis of Corinth. It is the oldest, largest and most impressive castle in the Peloponnese, whose walls were built during the middle Ages.
At the Archaeological site of Ancient Corinth, you can see the foundations of a significant Roman basilica, the temple of the goddess Tyche (Fortune) the stores in the agora, the temple of Apollo, etc The Archaeological Museum operates at the archaeological site, which was violently interrupted in 1990. The theft was the largest one that has occurred in a Greek museum however the antiquities were returned back to their birthplace in 2001.
What To Expect
- Starting Point: A chauffeur-driven private vehicle will pick you up from your location
- Drive south to Peloponnese
- Explore the picturesque Corinth Canal
- 2-hour guided tour of the archaeological site and museum of Ancient Corinth
- Pottery Workshop at Ancient Corinth
- Lunch by the sea at Lechaio town with local specialities
- Visit Acrocorinth Castle, “Upper Corinth”
- Drive back to Athens
- Ending Point: Drop off location
- Private State-Licensed Tourist Guide, English speaking (On site, Corinth).
- *If you wish the tour guide to escort you for the entire tour (8h) you can add it during your booking
- Private Transport by Luxurious Mercedes Vehicle (no taxi)
- English Speaking Chauffeur – “Tour Insider”
- Vehicle/Chauffeur on disposal for the entire tour
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off (Athens City & Coastal)
- Admission Tickets
- On Board: Bottled water, snacks & refreshments, WiFi, mobile/tablet chargers
- All taxes, fuels, tolls, vehicle insurance, parking fees and handling charges
- Customizable “tailored to your wishes”
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Personal expenses, lunch, dinner
- Tips and gratuities
- Licensed Tour Guide for the entire tour (Full Day, 8h) (Recommended. You can add it during the booking)
- Guide’s other Languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Pусский, Português, 中国, Italian, Japanese, Turkish,Romanian, Arabic, Swedish, Dutch, Greek, Serbian, Croatian, Slovenian, Polish
- Vehicle type/class upgrade (e.g. Limo, MiniVan, Limo VIP MiniVan, Minibus)
- For bookings including the extras/upgrades, please fill in the Request Form or send an email at email@example.com
- For bookings including the extras/upgrades please send request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Archaeology, Culture & History, Food & Drink, Shopping, Family Friendly
- The tour is held in English. For other languages, please send a request.
- The tour is private and can be customised to your wishes and whims
- We offer only Private Tours, therefore some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date, please fill in the Request Form or send an email at email@example.com
- If you have any special requirements please advise us (e.g. accessibility, health issues, wheelchair, child seat, etc)
- Now before you visit: Comfortable clothes & hat, athletic walking footwear, sun block cream & sunglasses