Cape Sounion & The Temple of Poseidon
Temple of Poseidon & Cape Sounio Private Guided Tour
Discover the “Island Magic” experience in Attica. Sample the beach life without leaving the capital or setting foot on a ferry on this bespoke private guided tour. Admire the imposing 5th century Temple of Poseidon, climbed on top of a cliff overlooking the Aegean. Have a selfie against the tangerine sunset – guaranteed instahit on Instagram.
“Island Magic” experience at the Athenian Riviera & Cape Sounion
Contemporary glamour meets ancient legends in this bespoke, half-day private tour to the Athenian Riviera and Cape Sounion. Leave the gray urban landscape behind to discover Athens’ blue and gold playground, where it is always summer: A 70 km coastline leading to Attica’s southernmost tip, with palm tree esplanades, idyllic beaches, fancy establishments, and seaside resorts.
On the way to Cape Sounion, enjoy a quick Spa-like experience at Lake Vouliagmeni. Once you reach the top of the majestic promontory, you won’t help but gape at the 2500-year-old Temple of Poseidon. The same way that ancient Athenians once did. When the sight of its 16 Doric columns welcomed them back home from their adventures in the Aegean. Enjoy the once seen, never forgotten, spectacle of the fiery sunset. Maybe have a swim and round off your trip with seafood delicacies in a hidden gem of a taverna. In between stops, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to shop, eat, indulge and get a taste of the local culture.
What To Expect
- Starting Point: A chauffeur-driven private vehicle will pick you up from your location
- Drive south to Athenian Riviera & Cape Sounio: A 60 km coastline with palm tree esplanades, idyllic beaches, fancy establishments, yacht marinas and seaside resorts.
- Lake Vouliageni
- Lunch or dinner: Greek traditional restaurant (cost of meal is excluded)
- Guided tour to the Temple of Poseidon
- Cape Sounio Sunset
- Lavrio Town
- Drive back
- Ending Point: Drop off location
- Private State-Licensed Tourist Guide, English speaking
- The tour guide will escort you for the entire tour/day
- Private Transport by Luxurious Mercedes Vehicle
- Vehicle-Chauffeur on disposal for the entire tour
- English Speaking Chauffeur – “Tour Insider”
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off (Athens City & Coastal)
- Admission Tickets (Temple of Poseidon)
- On Board: Bottled Water, Snacks & Refreshments, WiFi, mobile/tablet chargers
- All taxes, fuels, tolls, vehicle insurance, parking fees and handling charges
- Customizable “tailored to your wishes”
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Vouliagmeni Lake: usage of all services requires admission fee which is not included
- Personal expenses, lunch, dinner
- Tips and gratuities
- Guide’s other Languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Pусский, Português, 中国, Italian, Japanese, Turkish,Romanian, Arabic, Swedish, Dutch, Greek, Serbian, Croatian, Slovenian, Polish
- Vehicle class upgrade (e.g. Limo, VIP, S-Class)
- Vehicle type/class upgrade (e.g. Limo, MiniVan, Limo VIP MiniVan, Minibus)
For bookings including the extras/upgrades, please fill in the Request Form or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Archaeology, Culture & History, Food & Drink, Shopping, Family Friendly
- The tour is held in English. For other languages, please send a request.
- The tour is private and can be customised to your wishes and whims
- We offer only Private Tours, therefore some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date, please fill in the Request Form or send an email at email@example.com
- If you have any special requirements please advise us (e.g. accessibility, health issues, wheelchair, child seat, etc)
- Now before you visit: Comfortable clothes & hat, athletic walking footwear, sun block cream & sunglasses