Discover the Navel of the Earth - "Omphalos"
An immersive private guided tour experience blending history and art with spirituality; while offering insider’s intel and a taste of local culture. Discover the Navel of the Earth – the Omphalos of Delphi.
Discover the Navel of the Earth
Get lost in history and myths with a private full-day trip from Athens to Delphi: Set amongst a dramatic alpine landscape, this Unesco monument was once the emblematic Oracle that shaped fates throughout the ancient world. Travel by the foothills of Mount Parnassus, home of the 9 Muses, before reaching the mythological “center of the earth”. Walk on the Sacred Road to Apollo’s Temple; take in the iconic ruins and the scenery; admire classical masterpieces in the museum. Should you wish, enjoy lunch and a taste of local culture at Delphi town.
Round off your experience with a visit to a Byzantine monastery and a quaint but cosmopolitan mountainous village before heading back to Athens. An immersive experience blending history and art with spirituality; while offering insider’s intel and a taste of local culture.
What To Expect
Starting Point: A chauffeur-driven private vehicle will pick you up from your location
Drive to Delphi
2-hour Delphi archaeological site and museum guided tour
Free time for lunch, shopping at the picturesque Delphi town
Arachova: Bliss out at the cosmopolitan winter Mykonos of Greece
Visit Monastery of Hosios Loukas, UNESCO Heritage Site
Drive back to Athens
Ending Point: Drop off location
- Private State-Licensed Tourist Guide, English speaking (On site, Delphi).
- *If you wish the tour guide to escort you for the entire tour (11h) you can add it during your booking
- Private Transport by Luxurious Mercedes Vehicle (no taxi)
- English Speaking Chauffeur – “Tour Insider”
- Vehicle/Chauffeur on disposal for the entire tour
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off (Athens City & Coastal)
- Admission Tickets: Priority – Skip the Ticket Booth Lines
- On Board: Bottled water, snacks & refreshments, WiFi, mobile/tablet chargers
- All taxes, fuels, tolls, vehicle insurance, parking fees and handling charges
- Customizable “tailored to your wishes”
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Personal expenses, lunch, dinner
- Tips and gratuities
- Licensed Tour Guide for the entire tour (Full Day, 11h) (Recommended. You can add it during the booking)
- Guide’s other Languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Pусский, Português, 中国, Italian, Japanese, Turkish,Romanian, Arabic, Swedish, Dutch, Greek, Serbian, Croatian, Slovenian, Polish
- Vehicle type/class upgrade (e.g. Limo, MiniVan, Limo VIP MiniVan, Minibus)
- For bookings including the extras/upgrades, please fill in the Request Form or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The tour is held in English. For other languages, please send a request.
- The tour is private and can be customised to your wishes and whims
- We offer only Private Tours, therefore some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date, please fill in the Request Form or send an email at email@example.com
- If you have any special requirements please advise us (e.g. accessibility, health issues, wheelchair, child seat, etc)
- Upon the ratification of your booking, we will inform you about the available time slots for the visits, in case you meet our guides at Delphi (on-site). Time slots (every 2,5 hours): 08:00, 10:30, 13:00, 15:30, 18:00.
- Now before you visit: Comfortable clothes & hat, athletic walking footwear, sun block cream & sunglasses