Ancient & Roman Agora Walking Tour
Discover the Daily Life in the Ancient Athens
Travel back in time to experience the wake of the Western Civilization. Among Athens’ star attractions, the Ancient Agora, the Roman Forum and the age-old surrounding neighbourhoods; Kerameikos, Plaka and Monastiraki are not to be missed sights for history buffs, art lovers and mythology enthusiasts alike. This is the ultimate private walking tour to discover the best preserved agora in Greece which provides a palimpsest of the urban history of Athens.
Ancient & Roman Agora, Private Walking Guided Tour
Discover the place where it all began: Not only democracy, but also classical art, literature, and philosophy, were born some 2.500 years ago in Athens. Explore the stomping grounds of Plato, Demosthenes and Socrates; imagine life –and love– amid the jumble of ancient temples and ruins and learn how Athenians dealt with death. While wandering around a covered Ottoman market or leafy streets strewn with remnants of ancient Greek, Hellenistic, and Roman structures, you’ll also get to trace the city’s evolution throughout the aeons.
Athens is after all Europe’s oldest capital –and it has never ceased to be inhabited since the namesake goddess created the first olive tree, thereby vanquishing Poseidon in a competition over the patronage of the city. With this bespoke private walking tour, you’ll feel the weight of history, see myths and legends at play and hear some fascinating, little-known stories that offer a behind the scenes look at the ancient world.
What To Expect
- Starting Point:
a) Meet your guide at Monastiraki Metro Station or Syntagma square or
b) Hotel pickup: Your tour guide will pick you up. On foot, only for hotels within walking-distance from the tour’s location
- Private guided tour to Ancient Agora, Roman Agora, Kerameikos
- Guided orientation walk to Plaka, Thiseio, Monastiraki
- Private State-Licensed Tourist Guide, English speaking
- The tour guide will escort you for the entire tour/day
- Admission Tickets: Priority – Skip the Ticket Booth Lines (Ancient & Roman Agora)
- Meeting point: Syntagma Square or at Monastiraki Metro Station. Hotel pick-up (only for hotels within walking-distance from the tour’s location)
- Customizable “tailored to your wishes”
- 24/7 Customer Support
- All taxes
- Personal expenses, lunch, dinner
- Tips and gratuities
- Guide’s other Languages: Deutsch, Español, Français, Pусский, Português, 中国, Italian, Japanese, Turkish,Romanian, Arabic, Swedish, Dutch, Greek, Serbian, Croatian, Slovenian, Polish
- For bookings including the extras/upgrades, please fill in the Request Form or send an email at email@example.com
- Kerameikos admission tickets
Archaeology, Culture & History, Local Food, Familiy & Kids Friendly
- The tour is held in English. For other languages, please send a request.
- The tour is private and can be customised to your wishes and whims
- We offer only Private Tours, therefore some of them are directly bookable for later dates because they are subject to availability. If you wish to book a tour at an earlier date, please fill in the Request Form or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any special requirements please advise us (e.g. accessibility, health issues, wheelchair, child seat, etc)
- Now before you visit: Comfortable clothes & hat, athletic walking footwear, sun block cream & sunglasses